Tuesday 23 January 2024

Chat GPT finds dates of songs in seconds

I am putting together a list of songs I've used in my teaching.  I have written a list in an Excel spreadsheet.  I was painstakingly going through each one to find an approximate date of release.  Then I decided to try out ChatGPT.  Again, I am AMAZED at the speed with which it can come up with the information.

Of course there is  a caveat from ChatGPT: "Please note that some of these songs may have been released in different versions or as part of albums with different release years. The years provided are based on the most well-known or original releases."  I'm fine with that!

Here's a copy and paste of the first part.  It even copes with my many typos / mistakes!

Wow.  Just, wow.  

User:

When were these songs released? 

ChatGPT

I'm sorry, but you haven't provided a list of songs for me to check their release dates. Could you please provide the names of the songs you're interested in, and I'll do my best to provide their release dates?


User

Bori+B13:C105s Vian Le déserteur

Calogero Les feux d'artifice

C'est ma terre

Christophe Mae Belle demoiselle

Claude Nougaro Assez

Claude Nougaro Tu verras

Claudio Capéo Ça va

Corneille Seuk au monde

Corneille Le bon dieu est une femme

Desireless Voyage voyage

Diam's + Vitaa Confessions nocturnes

Eddt de Pretto Normal

Edith Piaf Je ne regrette rien

Edith Piaf Je ne regrette rien

Flight of the Conchords Foux de fa fa

Francis Cabrel Octobre

Francis Cabrel Petite Marie

Francis Cabrel Repondez-moi

Francis Cabrel L'encre de tes yeux

ChatGPT

Here are the release years for the songs you provided:


Boris Vian - "Le déserteur" - 1954

Calogero - "Les feux d'artifice" - 2014

Calogero - "C'est ma terre" - 2007

Christophe Maé - "Belle demoiselle" - 2008

Claude Nougaro - "Assez" - 1989

Claude Nougaro - "Tu verras" - 1995

Claudio Capéo - "Ça va" - 2016

Corneille - "Seul au monde" - 2003

Corneille - "Le bon dieu est une femme" - 2005

Désirless - "Voyage voyage" - 1986

Diam's + Vitaa - "Confessions nocturnes" - 2006

Eddy de Pretto - "Normal" - 2018

Édith Piaf - "Non, je ne regrette rien" - 1960

Édith Piaf - "Non, je ne regrette rien" - 1961

Flight of the Conchords - "Foux du fafa" - 2008

Francis Cabrel - "Octobre" - 1980

Francis Cabrel - "Petite Marie" - 1977

Francis Cabrel - "Répondez-moi" - 1994

Francis Cabrel - "L'encre de tes yeux" - 1979


No comments:

Post a Comment