Saturday 25 May 2024

Preparing for new GCSE: the motivating effect of comprehensive booklets.

I believe that a good start to any course is to make pupils feel confident that their teacher knows what lies  ahead, and I find that issuing booklets in different pale colours to be kept in a cardboard wallet kept in the classroom is a good start!  Of course it is important to have the resources available electronically as well, but personally I find that physical booklets make learning more memorable.  I can 'picture' where the language is.  And anyway, at the moment, pupils still have to put pen to paper for the final exam! 


Here's a list of what I issued in September 2016 for the 2018-2025 GCSE French AQA. [I made a few changes, so these are the updates issued in 2018 onwards]. 

I plan to  create similar resources for the 2026 onwards AQA and Edexcel French GCSE if needed.  

The links should take you to my Google drive where you can view and download them if you like..
I have removed links to resource which draw heavily on the published course book paid for by the school.

FOR PUPILS
Overall:
Ppt to introduce new GCSE [I think there might be a different one somewhere else.. this is from someone e else -  apologies that I cannot credit them.)

Vocabulary:

Criteria;

Foundation
Criteria: Foundation AQA 2016 [NB I have already done this for Edexcel 2024 + AQA 2024- see 9-12 here: https://helenmyers.blogspot.com/2023/06/gcse-fgs-2024-spec-comparison-latest.html

Higher: 
Criteria: Higher AQA 2016 [NB I have already done this for Edexcel 2024 + AQA 2024-  see 9-12 here: https://helenmyers.blogspot.com/2023/06/gcse-fgs-2024-spec-comparison-latest.html

Role Play
Role play booklet (higher)
Role Play foundation - I did one, but cannot find it

Photo card

Conversation - NB - questions are all related exactly to the questions in the textbook so that they matched material covered.  They reference the page number in the book.
Speaking Test Models - Foundation -  removed link as much of this is lifted straight from the course which the school has paid for, and I don't want to break copyright.


Speaking test models - Higher -  removed link as much of this is lifted straight from the course which the school has paid for, and I don't want to break copyright.

Conversation models: Collection from Studio Higher French by theme order. [ I extracted transcripts of model conversations and made it into a booklet so that students has 'models'.] Link removed - copyright.

Structures
Answer booster collection (taken from the end of the Studio modules) Link removed - copyright.

FOR TEACHERS

No comments:

Post a Comment