Friday 27 October 2023

GCSE 2024 French: Formative assessment grids

As an Association for Learning Languages Volunteer, I have recently written an article about the new GCSE 2024 and included implications for our teaching.  In that article I suggested preparing formative assessment criteria and promised to share them here.

So...

I have prepared formative assessment grids to accompany the new GCSE 24 for AQA and Edexcel at Foundation and Higher along the lines of ones I have done for the current specification.

Why have done this and shared them?!

Well ....

  • This has helped me to get my head around the differences and will help for some forthcoming sessions I am doing with some schools and at the Language Show talk
  • They could inform the way you might adapt current KS3 internal assessment criteria. My next task is to put together composite grids for each of the skills which could be used in mixed ability settings. (Watch this space!).
I hope this document is of help to someone - they took a long time do! Any kindly worded suggestions and corrections are welcome! (Every time I check I find a mistake!) On Twitter I am  @HelenMyers 

It would also be great if you could join ALL if you are not already a member!

Thank you!

I have added them as numbers 9-12 on this blogpost which I am using as my 'GCSE Home page'.

I know, I must sort out a better system for sharing! I am meaning to set up a Google site .. and I shall do this one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment