Saturday 17 December 2022

ChatGPT, Immersive reader, Word translate and Word layout for parallel text

I love playing with new technology and learning languages, and have thoroughly enjoyed exploring the newly-released ChatGTP Open AI which you can access via its blog.

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

I have produced a 9 minute video recording my adventure! 


Here's the video:




Here's the sequence:

00:00 Accessing the program (via browser )

00:24 Opening a 'new chat' and asking giving ChatGPT a task.  (A dear Twitter friend had drawn attention to the fact that today was 'la journée du bonheur', so I decided that I'd like advice about how to achieve happiness ...!).  Being amazed by the quality of the answer, from both content and language perspectives.

00:57 Copying and pasting the output into a word document, then using Word's Immersive reader function to hear the text read aloud.

05:28 Using Word's Translate function to translate the text

06:05 Using Word's layout menu to create a parallel text.

07:25 Giving a corny but sincere recommendation

EPILOGUE

07:51 Screen capture of ChatGPT generating its response to my question. (1 minute)

And by the way, I am amazed at the way that YouTube picks up the sections described above and gives chapters with the headings I have given - so I did not need to go to the trouble of sharing individual sections.  I just wrote the timings in the description of the YouTube video, and it just did it! Wow.  Just, wow!



Other videos which I produced when I first discovered ChatGTP are pasted below.

A poem about the importance of learning languages: (Quite successful!)


La Marseillaise - song about the importance of learning French: (less successful!)



A great intro to explain what ChatGTP is:



Amusez-vous bien!




No comments:

Post a Comment